We are Hewitt & Booth, market leaders in the bespoke manufacturing of pipe cleaners and flexi stems since 1922. Our manufacturing consists of techniques and processes that have been finely tuned and developed over a century which have enabled us to become experts in this field. We produce quality cleaning stem products, to the customers specification, with a dependable and reliable service.
We are the only manufacturer of pipe cleaners and flexi stems in the UK. We pride ourselves on fast lead times, high-end customised products and a reliable service, every time. No matter what industry, we can create the right product for you, at any desired quantity, with an order turnaround time at almost a third of most overseas competitors.
The success of our business is a result of the experience of our small but dedicated and loyal team (there are less than 20 of us!), who make it possible to manufacture specialist and customised pipe cleaner and flexi-stem cleaning products. The customer is always our number one priority. We aim for 100 percent accuracy, which we do through a focus on continuous improvement and simple but effective core values:
- Outstanding Customer Service and Flexibility: From first point of contact we will always listen to you and your requirements. We specialise in bespoke manufacturing, so flexibility in an essential part of our operation. We have the ability to switch between different types of pipe cleaner products lines and to manufacture one off customised orders, with a standard lead time of just two weeks.
- Integrity: We see maintaining relationships internally and externally as a fundamental part of our business. This includes relationships with both our customers and suppliers, all maintained on a basis of good communication, honesty and mutual trust.
- Quality: One of the greatest compliments to our organisation is when a client chooses us to manufacture for them, so in return we aim to deliver the best quality service and pipe cleaner and flexi-stem products possible. We see quality as the ability to continuously improve, so on the odd occasion that something doesn’t quite go to plan, we work hard to put processes in place to ensure we do it better next time.
- Motivation: We are a progressive, caring family business and we work hard to provide satisfying jobs. The motivation and welfare of our staff is essential, alongside an enjoyable work environment. Flexibility, respect and the encouragement to openly share opinions are all important to us. We then track how well we are doing through our annual staff survey, as we all depend on each other for our success.
- Community and Environment: The health and safety of our staff and the protection of the environment is at the forefront of our organisation. We continuously monitor and actively reduce our energy usage and levels of waste. The company is very active in the local community, allowing every member of staff paid time off to do charitable work as well as match funding employees donations to charity.